Posts Tagged ‘Bellingham Remodeling Projects’
Hudson Remodeling News
Posted 21 May 2013 by Charlie
With summer on its way, now is the perfect time to start planning outdoor construction projects that will increase your home’s value and curb appeal. Maybe you want to paint, replace old siding, or entertain more on a new deck. Whatever your project is this year, Hudson Remodeling is here to help.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you plan for outdoor construction projects this summer:
- Ready to replace the siding on your home? Consider material selection carefully. We recommend and frequently install HardiPlank, a fiber-cement siding that is durable (it can last 50+ years), looks like wood, and is insect-resistant. HardiPlank holds paint incredibly well so future maintenance costs will be lower.
- Time to repaint your home? Remember to keep the color scheme of your doors, windows and even the roof of your house in mind. You’ll want to choose colors that complement those features. Keep in mind that darker paint colors can absorb heat, which may be beneficial during Whatcom County’s cold winter months, but not during warmer summer months.
- Need to build a new deck or repair an existing one? Make sure you allow enough space to accommodate tables, chairs, a BBQ and people comfortably. Being in the lovely Pacific Northwest we can rarely guarantee sunshine – consider adding a cover to your deck so you can still enjoy the outdoors without getting wet. You will also want to consider what decking material will best fit your needs. Maintenance, durability, overall look, and sustainability are a few we consult with people on during the planning phase.
As a licensed general contractor in Whatcom County, Hudson Remodeling crews are ready to help with any deck or HardiPlank siding projects you’d like to undertake this year – our customers love our work and so will you!
Contact Charlie Hudson for a detailed estimate today.
Posted 8 October 2012 by Charlie
National construction experts are starting to compile lists of the top home remodeling trends for 2013 that will add value and provide a great return on investment. Here are a few of our favorite remodeling trends, along with links to online galleries, to consider incorporating into your home.
- Kitchen makeovers. Refinish or reface cabinets, update appliances; add a breakfast bar or island. http://tinyurl.com/9tm4ap2
- Turn you master bathroom into a mini-spa. Add a Jacuzzi soaker tub, quartz or granite counters, vessel sinks, and bronze fixtures. http://tinyurl.com/9hwmfcq
- Remove walls to create open floor plans. Some older homes were built with walls that separate living spaces, like between living, dining and kitchen areas. Many homeowners today prefer open, less formal spaces. http://tinyurl.com/8en4c35
- Say good-bye to carpet. Hardwood, tile, bamboo and slate floors are a much better option for people with allergies. They are easy to clean and maintain and instantly make a room look fresh and modern. http://tinyurl.com/976kgbw
- Add more living space. Families are merging, parents are aging and moving in with their children…for many it may be time to convert unfinished basements into additional living space. http://tinyurl.com/3qdlohh
I hope the ideas above (and photos in our online galleries) will provide a bit of remodeling inspiration for projects that will modernize your home and make it more comfortable for years to come. Our crews have experience in all these areas and would be happy to talk with you about remodeling projects you may be considering. Call or email Charlie Hudson today!
Posted 11 July 2012 by Charlie
Kitchen remodeling pricing can vary greatly depending on the scope of work. Some customers want a ‘gut job’ where we pull out everything down to the studs and rebuild the space. Others opt for subtle, more affordable tweaks that improve living spaces (photo).
Earlier this year we had the pleasure of updating the kitchen of a local real estate agent, Sharon Allen. We helped improve flow in her living areas by removing a wall and then made subtle, affordable changes in the kitchen that really made a difference.
If you have been considering a large or small kitchen remodel please give me a call. I’d be happy to come take a look and chat with you about layout and design options.
Posted 3 May 2012 by Charlie
These types of construction projects may include:
- Expanding interior living spaces with custom-built additions
- Adding outdoor kitchens, decks and patios for entertaining
- Upgrading windows, siding and roofing
- Installing new garages & carports
- Working to improve drainage around your home
If you are considering a larger construction project this summer, now is the right time to talk with your contractor and put together a design plan, budget and project schedule that allows time for necessary permitting.
Hudson Remodeling has helped local Whatcom and Skagit County homeowners with a wide variety of home additions and remodeling projects; read more in our Spring 2012 Toolbox newsletter.
I would be happy to chat with you about your ideas and then provide a detailed budget for the project…just give me a call and we’ll get started!