Hudson Remodeling is a design-build contractor intent on giving our Whatcom County clients the best possible home remodeling experience.
How can we do that? One word: teamwork.
One of the reasons we use the design/build model at Hudson is because of the opportunity it affords us to work together on nearly every aspect of a home remodeling project. From the initial meeting and project estimating to the final walkthrough, teamwork and continuity are tools that create a successful project and a happy homeowner.
Simply, the home remodeling process at Hudson includes two main stages:
- In the design stage, the homeowner’s ideas for the project are translated by an experienced building designer into construction plans that show exactly what will be done on the job. On larger construction projects, 3D renderings are employed to give homeowners a clear picture of what they can look forward to.
- In the building stage, Hudson Remodeling’s team of remodeling carpenters and finishers translate those plans into the new kitchen, bath or porch that the homeowner envisioned.
The most important thing to remember about the design/build process is that with this system, both the designer and the builder are on the same team. They understand each other, they work well together and they have a vested interest in ensuring that the project proceeds as smoothly as possible. Each side works with the other to obviate any potential hiccups before they happen. The designer won’t make plans for things the contractor can’t build, and the contractor has direct communication with the designer in case they bump into unanticipated challenges during construction.
Here are a few reasons why Whatcom County remodeling clients love the design/build process:
- The homeowner signs just one contract and works with one team throughout the process.
- Everyone involved knows the project scope and budget. The team works hard to work within those guidelines.
- Communication is strong throughout the process, from design to demo to “done!”
- Design/build jobs tend to be more streamlined, meaning projects sometimes start sooner.
At Hudson Remodeling, we like to sum up our design-build process this way: It’s all about working seamlessly as a team – homeowners, designer, carpenters – to breathe new life into a home.